[Zope] Re: Redirection and Request Variables

Andreas Pakulat ap125@informatik.uni-rostock.de
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 23:41:51 +0200

On 13.Jun 2003 - 13:17:00, Evan Simpson wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> >I've got a page template that display a file using the id given in the
> >request. I also got login/logout functionality on the site using
> >exUserFolder, now I want that If the user looks at the file display he
> >can click the login and after that gets back to the file display page.
> >But this doesn't work, After clicking on the login Button I get a
> >KeyError about the variable which holds the id - after a reload
> >everything is fine. The variable is encoded within the URL using the
> >QUERY_STRING. Is it somehow possible to get rid of this error?
>
> I've just checked a fix for this into the CVS trunk, and it's an easy
> patch to apply if you're not a CVS user:
>
> --- CMFCore/CookieCrumbler.py   6 Dec 2001 21:58:18 -0000       1.12
> +++ CMFCore/CookieCrumbler.py   13 Jun 2003 18:16:04 -0000

That one doesn't help me, as this for CookieCrumbler, but I use
exUserFolder as I said. I got a workaround redefining the variable I had
in the QUERY_STRING within the docLogin DTML-Method. For now It works,
but as soon as another variable comes in I have to rewrite the docLogin
again, so I would be thankful for a better solution.

Andreas

--
You are sick, twisted and perverted.  I like that in a person.