[Zope] Redirection and Request Variables

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Sat, 14 Jun 2003 20:57:40 +0200

Hi,

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got a page template that display a file using the id given in the
> request. I also got login/logout functionality on the site using
> exUserFolder, now I want that If the user looks at the file display he
> can click the login and after that gets back to the file display page.
> But this doesn't work, After clicking on the login Button I get a
> KeyError about the variable which holds the id - after a reload
> everything is fine. The variable is encoded within the URL using the
> QUERY_STRING. Is it somehow possible to get rid of this error?
>
> If you need more information feel free to ask.

I'd might be that the form coming from the login uses "POST"
when this happens, QUERY-variables (such as with GET - the
ones after the URL) get never read by zope (or more precisely
the cgi.py) for no good reason.

I would propose to patch this away to join QUERY and request
body variables when POST is used.

As a quick solution for you just include a hidden variable
for the id in the login form.

Regards
Tino