[Zope] Help Needed - Case for Zope

Martijn Pieters mj@zope.com
Sat, 1 Mar 2003 12:32:33 -0500

On Sat, Mar 01, 2003 at 02:26:53PM +0400, Samir Mishra wrote:
> My manager has requested comments on whether Zope "performs like a dog". I'm
> doing some digging around at the moment, but, in the meantime, if anyone has
> any links to recommend, benchmarks, experiences to share, that I can use to
> counter his 'assertion', it would be much appreciated.

Zope performs like a greyhound running CBSNewYork.com and other VTS
properties. It did so even with the recent nightclub fire and oil terminal
explosion, which generated huge traffic spikes from concerned New Yorkers.

Of course, it is perfectly possibible to make Zope run like a bow-legged
terrier on sleeping pills, but I can do the same to a Java application
server. It is all a question of knowing what you code and a good caching
solution (in the VTS case it's Squid and Apache, with various Zope servers
in a ZEO cluster).

--
Martijn Pieters