[Zope] Help Needed - Case for Zope

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 1 Mar 2003 21:52:39 +0100

Samir Mishra wrote at 2003-3-1 14:26 +0400:
 > My manager has requested comments on whether Zope "performs like a dog". I'm
 > doing some digging around at the moment, but, in the meantime, if anyone has
 > any links to recommend, benchmarks, experiences to share, that I can use to
 > counter his 'assertion', it would be much appreciated.

Zope is about an order of magnitude slower than Apache when
serving static content. But, you would not use Zope when
all your content were static ;-)
Use a cache before Zope (squid) to handle static content well.

We have both a Tomcat and a Zope application that do almost
the same (in fact, the Zope app was backported from Tomcat).
Their speed seems to be comparable (we did not make thourough
measurements).

Search the mailing list archives for some timings you can expect
from Zope. There was recently a post from Joachim Werner
with interesting timings (among many others).

Dieter