[Zope] NuxUserGroups and CMF not working

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 19:54:36 +0100

baiewola@netscape.net wrote at 2003-3-3 14:33 -0500:
 > I installed NuxUserGroups, but the product was broken. The traceback error said "No module named CMFCore.CatalogTool."
 >
 > I presumed that I had to install CMF, so I did. After installation, CMFCore, CMFDefault, and CMFTopic appear in my products list unbroken, but I can't create a CMF Site object (it should be in the pulldown menu, right?). And NuxUserGroups is still broken.
 >
 > The weird thing is that I now have the option of giving local roles to groups -- I just can't create the groups.
 >
 > *     For CMF, is it mandatory that Zope be installed using /var/zope as my INSTANCE_HOME  and /usr/local/zope/ as my SOFTWARE_HOME?

No.

 > *     If that's the problem, what do I need to change about CMF to make it work with my own installation?

Have you activated Zope logging (--> doc/LOGGING.txt) and looked in
the log file. You may find valuable hints.

When you report problems, please remember to tell the precise
problem: Error Type, Error Value and Traceback.

Dieter