[Zope] Can I choose my python installation?

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 10:18:40 -0500

On Thu, Mar 06, 2003 at 02:57:31PM -0000, Miche?l Healy wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> What's the procedure for doing this on Linux?

just get the zope source tarball instead of the binary distro.
have python 2.1.3 installed. make sure you know how to run it
(it might be just "python", or "python2" or "python2.1"
depending on your system and what other versions of python
might be installed.)

then run that command to build zope, e.g.
cd /where/you/untarred/zope
python2.1 wo_pcgi.py

then edit the start script to be sure it uses the right version of
python on the last line e.g.:

exec /usr/bin/python2.1 $cwd/z2.py -D "$@"

... editing the z2.py options to taste of course.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com