[Zope] Can I choose my python installation?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 20:57:30 +0100

Miche=E1l Healy wrote at 2003-3-6 11:30 -0000:
 > If I have python installed on my PC, can I use that installation inste=
ad of
 > that installed with Zope?  The reason is that I am having trouble inst=
alling
 > the win32 library for python on the Zope python instance.  It fails to=
 load
 > pywise32.dll(?).  I'm using a Win98 machine.

You can, provided the Python version is compatible with Zope.

For Zope 2.6.1, you need either Python 2.1.3 or Python 2.2.2.

Then you just install the Zope source distribution and do

     your_python w_pcgi.py

or

     your_python wo_pcgi.py

This requires a C development system.
If you do not have one:

  Install the Zope binary distribution (your Python and that
  used for building the binary distribution must be the same
  version, i.e. 2.1.3).

  Remove the Python library "lib/python/python2.1" and
  the Python binary (probably "bin/python") from your
  Zope distribution.
  Edit "start.bat" to use your Python.

Dieter