[Zope] TransientObjectContainer.keys()

Shannon -jj Behrens jj@nttmcl.com
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 14:38:49 -0800

On Thu, Mar 06, 2003 at 05:11:02PM -0500, Paul Winkler wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 06, 2003 at 01:53:46PM -0800, Shannon -jj Behrens wrote:
> > application.  I assume my options are:
> >
> > o Hack Zope and submit a patch.
> > o Hack Zope and don't submit a patch, because it won't be accepted.
> > o Figure out some (really inconvenient) way to store a list of keys in the
> >   TransientObjectContainer.
> > o Don't use TransientObjectContainer, just use normal Zope objects.  Use a cron
> >   job to implement auto-delete.
>
> You forgot:
>
>   o Build your own product that inherits from TransientObjectContainer.

Thank you for your comment!

Since Transience is an external product, I'd have to extend it externally.
Hmm, I wish that was documented in "The Zope Book" :-/  It's also be
somewhat "challenging" to implement a keys method--the only thing I can think
of is to extend the notify on add or delete methods to do housekeeping on the
keys before actually doing the user defined functions for notify on add or
delete.  Sounds like a lot of work in comparison to just adding an already
existing keys method to the API.  I really don't want to have to manage a patch
unless it's added to Zope :-/

Best Regards,
-jj

--
Hacker is to software engineer as
Climbing Mt. Everest is to building a Denny's there.