[Zope] ZODB/RDBMS newbie question

Jeremy Cowgar jc@cowgar.com
Sat, 8 Mar 2003 01:11:24 -0500

> >I am curious if I should be researching using ZODB for this or use an
> > RDBMS?
>
> Well... if you ask me (and after a fashion you did) if you're going to
> bother using Zope, you might as well use it as it was meant. And that
> means persistent objects, and that means ZODB.

I have created a Product, and that product has three ZClasses, CS_Person,
CS_Class and CS_Household. Each has attributes that I want to track.

I played with the ZooExhibit tutorial and got that functional and updating
class information. I have also done other tutorials in the ZopeBook dealing
with page templates, DTML, etc...

I am still confused on one thing with the ZODB. How can do I relate a
CS_Person to a CS_Class? I assumed that I would do it by the id. Please
correct me if I am wrong, or if their is a better way of doing it.

In CS_Class I have two attributes, 1 is teacher, string and the other is
substitute, string. I am assuming I will place the id's of a CS_Person into
those attributes.

Is that correct or am I totally off in left field?

Thanks,

Jeremy