[Zope] Re: [Zope-dev] Proposed installation changes for review

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 14:39:55 -0500

> > ZEO client configuration is included in the new configuration schema.
> >
> > ZEO server configuration has its own schema and tools, also based on
> > ZConfig and the new zdaemon; you can check these out in the ZODB 3.2
> > alpha release.
>
> Does this mean that Zope 2.7 will require ZODB 3.2 for ZEO users?

Zope 2.7 will *come with* ZODB 3.2 (or later, depending on the timing
of the Zope 2.7 release), so I suppose so.

> As an aside, am I the only one who's confused by this new bundling
> of ZEO as part of the stand alone ZODB product?

I don't know.  What's confusing for you?  The new approach is that:

  Zope includes ZODB includes ZODB

What's confusing about that?