[Zope] Product (ZClass) distribution rights management

Andy McKay andy@agmweb.ca
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 10:26:21 -0800

pieter claassen wrote:
> Apologies for the repeat post but I have not had an answer on this one.
>
> 1. Is there any way to override the permissions built into ZCLass
> product distribution framework so that I can create recover the
> development code that I thought I could modify, but it turned out that I
> don't have the rights to repackage the code?

Probably because I dont understand the question.

> 2. Where does the modifications to the Zclass based product gets stored
> (it is certainly not stored in the /lib/python/Products/productx as I
> have zipped that up and moved it over to my new machines and it was the
> original version without any of my modifications)

All the product information for your ZClass product is stored inside
your ZODB.

> This problem might turn out to be a serious issue and very damaging for
> Zclass based products.

Thats why most people dont use them for anything other than tinkering
and use Python Products.
--
   Andy McKay