[Zope] CookieCrumbler and restricted Access

Andreas Pakulat ap125@informatik.uni-rostock.de
Thu, 08 May 2003 20:11:02 +0200

--zhXaljGHf11kAtnf

On 08.Mai 2003 - 00:39:56, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 07.Mai 2003 - 16:50:09, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Hi,
> >=20
> > I now use CookieCrumbler to authenticate the users, but I still got a
> > problem. But first let me explain the site structure a bit:
> >=20
> > <HOME>
> >  |- acl_users - with all site-related users
> >  |- CookieCrumbler's cookie_authentication
> >  |- News
> >  |   |- index_html
> >  |   |- Editinterface
> >=20
> > The Problem is within the News folder, the index_html is accessible for
> > everybody, but contains a dtml-if so that a Link to EditInterface is
> > only provided for Logged in users. This works fine, but if I click this
> > Link I have to authenticate again, even if I'm already logged in?! I've
> > only disabled Acuirement for the View-permission of this file and set it
> > for the Manager and the Webeditor role.
> >=20
> > Or do I have to add another cookie_authenticate to each Subfolder?
>=20
> Looks like I found the answer myself:
> As I got several problems displaying the pages I develop I changed from
> my mozilla (1.0.0) to Konqueror and now everything works fine. The login
> works and also all renderingproblems are gone :)

I now tried the recent mozilla 1.3 and the layout problem doesn't really
show up, but I still have to login twice, which is really bad. Does
anyone have experience with CookieCrumbler and Mozilla and can give me a
hint how to solve this?

Andreas

--=20
Tonight's the night: Sleep in a eucalyptus tree.

--zhXaljGHf11kAtnf

--zhXaljGHf11kAtnf--