[Zope] which base class for "news"

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 15 May 2003 21:16:55 +0200

Andreas Pakulat wrote at 2003-5-15 17:37 +0200:
 > Hi,
 >
 > i need to have a ZClass for News-Entries, but I don't really know which
 > Base Class to use. I need to save author, time of creation and the real
 > news-text with it, so I first thought that I could put these into
 > different properties and have no base class.

That should be sufficient (indeed).
Of course, you should have "Include standard Zope persistent object
base classes" checked.
Beside that, you need no base classes.

Instead, you would create a "PropertySheet" and put your
attributes in this sheet.

You should look in the Zope Book for guidance how to work
with property sheets. Come back, when you should not find something.

Dieter