[Zope] which base class for "news"

Andreas Pakulat ap125@informatik.uni-rostock.de
Thu, 15 May 2003 22:35:52 +0200

--PNTmBPCT7hxwcZjr

On 15.Mai 2003 - 21:16:55, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat wrote at 2003-5-15 17:37 +0200:
>  > Hi,
>  >=20
>  > i need to have a ZClass for News-Entries, but I don't really know which
>  > Base Class to use. I need to save author, time of creation and the real
>  > news-text with it, so I first thought that I could put these into
>  > different properties and have no base class.
>=20
> That should be sufficient (indeed).
> Of course, you should have "Include standard Zope persistent object
> base classes" checked.
> Beside that, you need no base classes.

That I did, but had no "Properties" Tab in the manage_workspace View of
a Instance of this ZClass and that did confuse me.

> Instead, you would create a "PropertySheet" and put your
> attributes in this sheet.

Yeah I know...

> You should look in the Zope Book for guidance how to work
> with property sheets. Come back, when you should not find something.

I have, but what was not mentioned anywhere is that I don't get the
Properties tab without an extra base class, so I have to create a
properties view by myself. Now I see the properties in the manage -
View. Anyway this was only a small problem as the ZClass Instances shall
be edited/created via a separte Web-Frontend.=20

Thanks anyway.

Andreas

--=20
You will outgrow your usefulness.