[Zope] DirectoryStorage - no logon

Tue, 27 May 2003 10:38:20 +0100

On Tuesday 27 May 2003 10:19 am, FNk wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been having some problems with DirectoryStorage.
>
> I've installed an instance of zope

Which version?

> using the -u and -g switches (-u toto -g
> zope). I've installed DirectoryStorage and configured the custom_zodb file.
> I've dropped root privileges to start zope.

If you are dropping root privilidges before starting z2.py (or the start
script) then you dont need the -u switch.

Or did you mean a -u switch to a different program? I dont think z2.py has a
-g switch.

> At this stage all seemed to be working fine. Zope recognised
> DirectoryStorage and started properly. But when I try to logon
> (zope/manage) nothing happens. The request is sent, but then it just waits
> indefinitely.
>
> Did anyone have this problem? Any explanation as to why it reacts this way?

Thats not a normal DirectoryStorage problem. Does it work if you move
custom_zodb out of the way and restart, to use FileStorage? Is there anything
in the event log file (doc/ENVIRONMENT.txt) or stderr?

--
Toby Dickenson
http://www.geminidataloggers.com/people/tdickenson