[Zope] DirectoryStorage - no logon

FNk fnkunda@africamuseum.be
Tue, 27 May 2003 15:37:54 +0200

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org] On Behalf Of Toby
Dickenson
Sent: mardi 27 mai 2003 11:38
To: FNk; Zope
Subject: Re: [Zope] DirectoryStorage - no logon

On Tuesday 27 May 2003 10:19 am, FNk wrote:

Which version?

I've created a user toto (who is a member of a group called zope). Then =
I've
installed zope 2.6.0 with user toto (./install -u toto -g zope). Then I
installed DirectoryStorage_1.1.2. Before starting zope, I dropped root =
(su
toto, then ./start).

That's not a normal DirectoryStorage problem. Does it work if you move=20
custom_zodb out of the way and restart, to use FileStorage?=20

If I move custom_zodb it works fine (without DirectoryStorage). But when =
use custom_zodb, Zope recognised DirectoryStorage and started properly =
But
it's impossible to logon (zope/manage). The request is sent, but then it
just waits indefinitely.

Is there anything=20
in the event log file (doc/ENVIRONMENT.txt) or stderr?

In the Z2.logs, when I use FileStorage, it logs:
 ... Get/manage_top_frame HHT/1.1 401 788 http://127.0.0.1/manage/
Mozilla/5.0 ... (and other frames).

With DirectoryStorage:
... Get/manage/ HTTP/1.1 401 638 "" Mozilla/5.0 ...

The request isn't sent properly. =20

What have I done wrong ?

--=20
Toby Dickenson