[Zope] uploading large files w/ LocalFS

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Wed, 28 May 2003 07:39:43 -0400

On Wed, May 28, 2003 at 08:23:53AM -0700, Dylan Reinhardt wrote:
> >  And using an external browser means
oops, typo... s/browser/server/
> >   you lose so many nice things like zope's security management.
>
> Though SSH won't use the Zope security model (that I know of), key-based
> authentication isn't that onerous to manage and/or deploy.

I meant for managing access to the downloadable resources.
If some content is in zope and some is available via apache,
and some of the apache content needs to be restricted to
some users, it's a lot of extra work to make this transparent to your
end users.  I don't really know how I'd deal with that.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com