[Zope] Zope 2.7 - alternate logging

Chris Beaven chris at d-designz.co.nz
Wed Nov 19 18:18:31 EST 2003

Hi there,

I've been looking at Zope 2.7b2 and investigating what I'll need to do
to reimpliment my virtual host file logger since the z2.py file has gone
bye-byes.
It's a slow process trying to figure out where the logger section in
zope.conf is processed...

To start with, how does one even use the zope.conf file to specify they
would wish to use the rotating file logger? After I figure out this I
can at least test my existing code in 2.7

Has anyone had a look at this before and would be willing to give me
some pointers for what I should be looking to change to add a new
handler? Is there an exstensible method for adding handlers or will I
have to add it directly to /lib/python/logging/handlers.py?

Thanks in advance for any help ;)
Chris Beaven