[Zope] Re: Help: Suppress Virtual Host Monster...

Evan Simpson evan at 4-am.com
Thu Oct 9 17:00:30 EDT 2003

Tiller, Michael (M.M.) wrote:
> I cannot just change the host name because there is a "proxy" in the way that remaps the hostname.

Can you expand on this?  Why can't you just go to
http://192.168.0.1/manage (or whatever the IP address of your server is)?

> Is there a way that I can suppress VHM in the URL itself.

VHM was developed specifically to avoid needing anything like this.  If
you have a rewriting front-end, you set it up so you can bypass the
rewriting (different hostname or special rule) or bypass the front-end
and talk directly to Zope.

Cheers,

Evan @ 4-am