[Zope] Any examples out there manipulating or grabbing subsets of data f rom zSql methods?

Jason LeMonier jlemonier at Retailpro.com
Fri Oct 17 16:58:04 EDT 2003

Hey all,

Grab 100 rows, need to show them 10 at a time ... basic hierarchy, but w/o
10 database calls.

Fundamentally, I don't know how to access or loop through the
object/Iterator in Zope templates
within a python script.
How can I look into the structure?  I'd prefer not to look at the code and
catch an example!!

Using tal:repeat is easy ... but I need a little more.

tx in advance!

Jason LeMonier
Software Engineer
Retail Technologies International
Office   916.605.7262
Mobile  415.595.0969
Fax      916-914-2132
jlemonier at RetailPro.com <mailto:jlemonier at RetailPro.com>

[Zope] calling a python script from a dtml method

227709N at knotes.kodak.com 227709N at knotes.kodak.com
<mailto:227709N%40knotes.kodak.com>
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 16:10:08 -0500

<http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2001-February/125843.html> DocFinder
0.2: asking Zope about its documentation

<http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2001-February/125851.html> calling a
python script from a dtml method

<http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2001-February/date.html#125850> date ]
[  <http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2001-February/thread.html#125850>
thread ] [
<http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2001-February/subject.html#125850>
subject ] [
<http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2001-February/author.html#125850>
author ]

  _____

From: D Blanding

Hello-

I'm new to Zope... (have read the Zope Book) and have used Python.

For my first Zope project, I'm building a web application that stores and

retrieves stuff from the Z-Gadfly RDB. I have successfully written a python

script which calls a zsql method which selects all the records of my table.

(The table is not very big.) The python script then converts each record to

a list (adding a couple of fields and doing some arithmetic, etc.) then

appends all these lists together into one big list. The python script takes

no arguments.

Now I want to display the data in a table. So I plan to call the python

script from a dtml method which will present the data. But I don't know how

to do this. Can anyone give me advice on how to do this?

Also, once I succeed in calling the python script, I'm not sure how I will

parse a list of lists in dtml. I have seen examples using:

<dtml-in>

    <dtml-sequence-item>

</dtml-in>

to parse lists but how do I read through a list of lists?

Doug Blanding

doug.blanding at kodak.com <mailto:doug.blanding at kodak.com>

  _____