[Zope] Any examples out there manipulating or grabbing subsets of data f rom zSql methods?

J Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Thu Oct 23 18:51:06 EDT 2003

> Grab 100 rows, need to show them 10 at a time ... basic hierarchy, but
> w/o 10 database calls.
>
> Fundamentally, I don't know how to access or loop through the
> object/Iterator in Zope templates
> within a python script.
> How can I look into the structure?  I'd prefer not to look at the code
> and catch an example!!
>
> Using tal:repeat is easy ... but I need a little more.

You probably want to use the Batch functionality in the PageTemplates
library. It's dead easy. Probably docs on zope.org and examples on
zopelabs.com (and in source all over the place.)

          --jcc

--
"Code generators follow the 80/20 rule. They solve most of the problems, but not all of the problems. There are always features and edge cases that will need hand-coding. Even if code generation could build 100 percent of the application, there will still be an endless supply of boring meetings about feature design."
(http://www.devx.com/java/editorial/15511)