[Zope] Building Zope on Windows

Etienne Labuschagne elabuschagne at gmsonline.co.za
Wed Oct 22 06:10:40 EDT 2003

After Googling around, I could not find the answer to this one:

My C/C++ experience is limited to working in Borland's C++ Builder
environment which hides most of the make/build intricacies from the
user.  As a result I do not have a clue how to create make files.  As a
result I do not have a clue how to build Zope on Windows.

I want to play around with Zope 2.7b running on Python2.3 and cannot find
binaries or instructions on building Zope against Python2.3 on
Windows.  I'm sure that I'll get it running on Linux, but for various
reasons (out of my control) our working environment is Windows and not Linux.

If the answer to this question turns out to be RTFM, at least point me in
the direction of the M!

Thanks
Etienne