[Zope] Building Zope on Windows

Andy McKay andy at clearwind.ca
Wed Oct 22 11:46:41 EDT 2003

Etienne Labuschagne wrote:
> After Googling around, I could not find the answer to this one:
>
> My C/C++ experience is limited to working in Borland's C++ Builder
> environment which hides most of the make/build intricacies from the
> user.  As a result I do not have a clue how to create make files.  As a
> result I do not have a clue how to build Zope on Windows.

As stated in doc/INSTALL.txt you can do the configure / make dance if
you have cygwin or similiar tools installed.

I have no idea how borland works, so you'll probably have to do some
digging. Using Visual Studio all you have to do is ensure the Visual
Studio environment variables are set and type: "python setup.py install"
which will work as well.
--
   Andy McKay
   ClearWind Consulting