[Zope] Zope Memory Problem

Douwe Osinga dmo at oberon.nl
Wed Oct 29 04:52:23 EST 2003

Hi,

I am experiencing problems with the amount of memory Zope is using.
I'm using Zope 2.6.2 and Windows 2000 server. Now, things work fine
for days and then suddenly something goes wrong and the amount of
memory in use by Zope increases until 2Gb or so and the process
stops responding completely.

My current theory is that this happens when some requests take very
long to answer (ie. 1 minute or so). Something else must be waiting
for the requests to finish, but before it does, something goes wrong.
In my current setup, I have an update process that takes some time
and that is hidden in a transparent pixel. User goes to a page, page
loads fine & relatively fast, except for one pixel, which only loads
when a database cleanup is ready. Cron would be more elegant, but it
should work, right?

Is there anybody having the same problems, or even better, a solution
to this?

Douwe Osinga
http://douweosinga.com