[Zope] Search feature with a combination of a textindex and keywordindex

Richard Ettema richard.ettema at yoursolutions.com
Wed Sep 10 11:26:36 EDT 2003

Hi,

I have a need for the search feature described below. Any ideas on how best
to approach this, or if it is possible would be great.
Running...
Zope: 2.6.1
Python: 2.1.3

A group of items are catalogued with keyphrases. These keyphrases can be any
combination of single words or 2-3 word phrases.
I want to pass a string to the catalog to see if there are any phrase
matches. For example...

 Item keyphrases: ['mobile phone', 'dial', 'hands free']

 Catalog returns item if:
  -string 'mobile phone number' is passed. (because 'mobile phone' matches)
  -string 'speed dial call' is passed. (because 'dial' matches)

 Catalog doesn't return item if:
  -string 'ringing mobile number' is passed.
  -string 'free phone'

I haven't found anything with this kind of functionality so I assume I need
to start looking into creating my own catalog index? I have begun looking
into this, but any ideas on where to find more information or the best
approach to take would be great.

Thanks for your help.

Richard.
---