[Zope] Local Roles and Acquisition

nwingfield at che-llp.com nwingfield at che-llp.com
Wed Sep 10 11:04:58 EDT 2003

Understood.  I'm using a specialized user folder product solely for this
application, however.  I am not actually rewriting Zope, just this custom
user folder product.  Ultimately I may absorb the whole thing into my own
product.

Nathaniel

                      Jens Vagelpohl
                      <jens at zope.com>          To:       nwingfield at che-llp.com
                                               cc:       Zope Users <zope at zope.org>
                      09/10/2003 09:42         Subject:  Re: [Zope] Local Roles and Acquisition
                      AM

>   From a design perspective, it
> doesn't seem clean or efficient to engineer around Zope's standard
> operating procedures.  Why not change them instead?

You just created a maintenance nightmare, that's why. Rewriting the
core Zope software instead of e.g. creating a filesystem product that
contains your changes will make every attempted Zope upgrade a pain.

jens