[Zope] rendered method in dtml document

Thomas M G Bennett bennettt at pm.appstate.edu
Fri Sep 26 15:37:54 EDT 2003

I think I maybe didn't explain the problem quite clearly or I don't understand the
acquisistion reply.

Here's the paths :

/dbtitle                             the method
/dbtitle_query                   the sql
/webmaster/a_test           a test document

dbtitle is the method, dbtitle_query is the SQL, a_test is a document. The sample
document, a_test, has the following contents (which doesn't work).

" a link to <dtml-call  dbtitle(74)> which is a proxy or local url"

Trying to pass the argument 74 to dbtitle hoping to have the rendered results of dbtitle
show up in the document a_test. Here are some other permutaitons of a dtml tag I have
tried in the document a_test without prefered results:

<dtml-var dbtitle(mytitle=74)>

<dtml-var dbtitle?mytitle=74>

<dtml-let mytitle=74><dtml-in dbtitle></dtml-let>

<dtml-var expr="mytitle=74"><dtml-in dbtitle>

What I'm thinking is I need a tag that will pass the value of mytitle in the name space to
the call to dbtitle. If you go to  http://www.library.appstate.edu/dbtitle?mytitle=74 it will
give as its source code in your browser:

BiblioLine&dbname=QFSD;done=referer">Family & Society Studies Worldwide</a>

but in my browser in my domain the source code is :

BiblioLine&dbname=QFSD;done=referer">Family & Society Studies Worldwide</a>

That part works, what I want to do is to be able to give people that edit web pages on my
server a single tag with a record number for these hyper links to appear in there web
pages when some one accesses their page for example my test page,  a_test.

I don't need to access the method or query in a different path, I want the results of the
method to appear in a document but I haven't figured out how to make the call to that
method and pass it the argument so it can return the correct URL.

Thomas