[Zope] Windows Carriage Returns

David Convent david.convent at naturalsciences.be
Wed Aug 11 08:35:51 EDT 2004

hpinson at indepthl.com wrote:

> Windows carriage returns in ZPT documents are becoming the bane of my
> existance.
>
> Can anyone suggest a way to search a file for this and convert them to
> UNIX style carriage returns.
>
> Preferably in Textpad, but a UNIX/Linux based technique (Emacs?) would
> be helpful too.

With the free editor HTML-Kit you have an option that lets you 'save
Unix version' of your file
EditPlus2 also has an option to convert file format.

A quick google search should give you many pointers to some utilities to
convert end of lines in windows.
for instance:
http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Utilities/Misc__Utilities/DOS2UNIX_UNIX2DOS.html

http://www.ericphelps.com/crlf/

you also can use the DOS version of the unix tr command (available at
http://lf.8k.com/TOOLS/TOOLS.HTM).

for unix/linux tips on this, google a bit if you don't feel happy with
http://www.cdf.toronto.edu/workathome/print.php3?id=49

Hope this helped a bit

--
David Convent