[Zope] Zope 2.7.2 still doesn't run as a service in w2k

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 10:13:41 EDT 2004

[Ausum Studio]
> I did try the Collectors way and, as I wrote, I get this at the event log,
> after any attempt to start the service:

That's why I said the method worked for "almost everyone" instead of "everyone".

> """
> Zope_307702503 (Zope instance at G:\Zope-Instance): process died
> unexpectedly. Will attempt restart after 160 seconds.
> """
> ...where the number of seconds vary. Part of the problem is the error
> message itself.  It just doesn't help.

It doesn't help me either.  I'd start it from the command line
instead, in case the Windows services framework itself is throwing
away a useful error message or traceback.  I'd also look in Zope's
logs for clues.  Since it *does* work for "almost everyone", you have
to start from the assumption that there's something different about
your setup.  For example, someone else asked whether you upgraded from
a previous version of Zope, but are still trying to use an instance
home created by a previous version.  You have to answer questions like
that.