[Zope] Social Networking over Zope

Pablo Ziliani pablo at decode.com.ar
Wed Aug 25 14:16:39 EDT 2004

Hi all,
I have recently been asked to build a social network site. My first
thought was to implement it on Zope, but I'm a little bit worried about
concurrency and scalability. Having such a site access continuously to
the database, I guess its caching possibilities are very low.
Anyway, what I really looking for is some advice. Anybody here to share
his/her thoughts? Any past experience? Why is that most social networks
are built over ASP.NET or PHP?

Thanks in advance, a lot.
Pablo

PS: I still have to convince my client, so...