[Zope] Social Networking over Zope

Ulrich Wisser ulrich.wisser at relevanttraffic.se
Thu Aug 26 07:51:07 EDT 2004

Hi Pablo,

> I'm a little bit worried about concurrency and scalability.

concurrency is hopefully handled by your database (e.g. PostgreSQL).
Zope is scalable, so I se no problem on that side either.

> Having such a site access continuously to
> the database, I guess its caching possibilities are very low.

depends on how fast database changes should be viewable by your users.
This could differ between sections on your server. Personal data -
immediately, people interconnection after two hours, ...

> Why is that most social networks are built over ASP.NET or PHP?

Because these people don't kow better. ;)

Our Zope application has also some very volatile data. Caching can not
be done so easily. But still Zope provides easy user handling, good
database connectivity.

/Ulrich