[Zope] XML templates and Zope 2.6.2

David Chandek-Stark dc at duke.edu
Fri Aug 27 15:27:43 EDT 2004

I have Expat installed and it works with Zope 2.7.0, but I need to use
XML templates in a Zope 2.6.2 instance. My head is spinning after trying
to untangle the mess. I have PyXML 0.8.3 and ParsedXML 1.4. The process
is choking in TAL.XMLParser:

     def createParser(self, encoding=None):
         global XMLParseError
         try:
             from Products.ParsedXML.Expat import pyexpat
             XMLParseError = pyexpat.ExpatError
             return pyexpat.ParserCreate(encoding, ' ')
         except ImportError:
             from xml.parsers import expat
             XMLParseError = expat.ExpatError
             return expat.ParserCreate(encoding, ' ')

ParsedXML.Expat doesn't exist in version 1.4 of ParsedXML, so it's
trying to import expat from xml.parsers. This, in turn imports * from
pyexpat, which is apparently failing. I created a build of PyXML and
replaced the xml packages in lib/python and ZOPE_HOME/python2.1 with
symlinks to _xmlplus in PyXML. Still nothing.

Help?

--
David Chandek-Stark
Web Applications Developer