[Zope] Re: Re: Caching zope pages

John Poltorak jp at warpix.org
Tue Dec 14 11:22:12 EST 2004

On Tue, Dec 14, 2004 at 10:02:51AM -0600, Fred Yankowski wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 14, 2004 at 03:28:49PM +0000, John Poltorak wrote:
> > Not sure if this includes the cache-control header you are referring to...
>
> I suggest that you have a look at Mark Nottingham's "Caching
> Tutorial", <http://www.mnot.net/cache_docs/>.  See also his
> Cacheability Engine which "Examines Web pages to determine how they
> will interact with Web caches".

Many thanks for the caching tutorial - it looks pretty useful, but I'm not
clear about what sets the cache-control headers... I'm assuming that CMF's
Caching Policy Manager sets those and since I have a single policy which
sets Max age to 300 I would have expect to see a header which mentioned
cache-control and max-age, but I only see these two:-

which I think must be provided by Squid. Looks like I've overlooked
something...

--
John