[Zope] Re: Re: Caching zope pages

Andrew Sawyers andrew at zope.com
Tue Dec 14 11:29:40 EST 2004

John Poltorak wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 14, 2004 at 10:02:51AM -0600, Fred Yankowski wrote:
>
>>On Tue, Dec 14, 2004 at 03:28:49PM +0000, John Poltorak wrote:
>>
>>>Not sure if this includes the cache-control header you are referring to...
>>
>>I suggest that you have a look at Mark Nottingham's "Caching
>>Tutorial", <http://www.mnot.net/cache_docs/>.  See also his
>>Cacheability Engine which "Examines Web pages to determine how they
>>will interact with Web caches".
>

> Many thanks for the caching tutorial - it looks pretty useful, but I'm not
> clear about what sets the cache-control headers... I'm assuming that CMF's
> Caching Policy Manager sets those and since I have a single policy which
> sets Max age to 300 I would have expect to see a header which mentioned
> cache-control and max-age, but I only see these two:-

> which I think must be provided by Squid. Looks like I've overlooked
> something...
>

>>--
>>Fred Yankowski      fred at ontosys.com           tel: +1.630.879.1312
>>OntoSys, Inc	    PGP keyID: 7B449345        fax: +1.630.879.1370
>>www.ontosys.com     38W242 Deerpath Rd, Batavia, IL 60510-9461, USA

I don't know off the top of my head, but the CMF Cache Policy Manager
doesn't "just" work with everything.  I'd have to look and see, but
there are expectations which must be met for it to get called and the
headers get injected.  My last email shows another way to get a test
header so you can see it working.  At the end of the day, the you will
need to come up with a policy.  I typically have several policies
defined in my caching policy manager.  Over several projects I've
utilized the CMF CPM and the  Accelerated HTTP Cache Manager which is
just a Zope product.

Andrew

--
Zope Managed Hosting