[Zope] Re: Command line access to Zope data

John Poltorak jp at warpix.org
Sat Feb 21 11:04:35 EST 2004

On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 04:11:22PM +0100, Anton Stonor wrote:
> > OK, so how does Zope's FTP recognise it is getting a news object and how
> > does it know which Plone site it is meant for, since there could be
> > multiple sites being hosted?
>
> If you are creating a new news object you can give the file a .news
> extension and CMF will recognize it. You can control that in the
> content_type_registry.
>
> To get it in the right place you simply FTP to the right place, for instance
>
> mysite.com/plon1/allmynews/mynewsitem

I've just run FTP, entered USER and PASS and got a successful login but
when I try list , I get  530  Unauthorised.

pwd shows '/' but I don't know where to upload to. Is there a directory on
the filesystem, or is this done internally via Zope's database?

There is no directory call myplonesite under /opt/zope that I am aware of.

--
John