[Zope] Re: Command line access to Zope data

Anton Stonor stonorn at giraffen.dk
Sat Feb 21 12:05:44 EST 2004

> I've just run FTP, entered USER and PASS and got a successful login but
> when I try list , I get  530  Unauthorised.

Are you sure you are connecting to the Zope ftp server and not a
standard ftp server on the box? Zope ftp is often at port 8021--look in
the zope config file.

USER and PASS are the same as your Zope login, the same is the case for
  permissions.

> pwd shows '/' but I don't know where to upload to. Is there a directory on
> the filesystem, or is this done internally via Zope's database?
>
> There is no directory call myplonesite under /opt/zope that I am aware of.

You don't wanna ftp to the file system, but to Zope. The ftp dirs and
files reflects the folders and other objects in your ZODB.

Anton