[Zope] "Undo changes" strange behaviour of permission propagation

robert rottermann robert at redcor.ch
Wed Feb 25 02:12:12 EST 2004

Hi there,
This is with Zope 2.62

I want to offer  Plones "Quick undo" to a user  only in some parts of a
site.

When I test for the right whether he is allowed to "Undo chages" with
the following test that checks what roles are allowed a permission

[ s for s in map(lambda x : len(x['selected']) and x['name'],
context.rolesOfPermission('Undo changes')) if s]

I do not get the inherited roles but only the ones assigned to the
folder I perform the test on.
If I do the same for "View" I get also the inherited permissions.

Should not rolesOfPermission also return the inherited roles ?

Robert