[Zope] httpd.conf Zope on Apache-based ISP

Patrick Kirk patrick at kirks.net
Wed Feb 25 17:21:56 EST 2004

Hi all,

I'm putting a Zope site on an Apache based hosting service.  They've
asked me to suggest the virtual hosts section of httpd.conf and for me
to run Zope on 8081 to avoid conflicts.  The files are in a folder
called /websites/patrkirk/public_html/ with a cgi folder called
/websites/patrkirk/public_html/cgi_bin/

It seems that there are very many ways of doing this and I'm at a loss
how to choose the right way.

Can anyone suggest an authoritative URL that simply allows zope to run
on some high number port with Apache serving up its pages?  I have no
access to Apache so extensive re-writes of httpd.conf are unlikely to be
accepted by the ISP.

This is my first draft.

# Zope redirection
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
   RewriteEngine on
   RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization}  ^(.*)
   RewriteRule ^/Zope/(.*) /var/lib/zope/cgi-bin/default/$1
[t=application/x-httpd-cgi,l]
</IfModule>

<VirtualHost 195.224.53.44>
   ServerName  www.enterprise-hr.com
   DocumentRoot /websites/patrkirk/public_html/zope
   RewriteEngine on
   RewriteRule ^/(.*) /var/lib/zope/cgi-bin/default/$1
[t=application/x-httpd-cgi,l]
</VirtualHost>

Does this look right and if not can someone please tell me what I need
to do?

Thanks in advance.
--

Best regards,