[Zope] Python 2.3.3 on RedHat 7.3

Bakhtiar A Hamid kdie at kedai.com.my
Fri Feb 27 20:58:01 EST 2004

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004, John Poltorak wrote:

> > i'm running it on rh 7.2, which means it should work with 7.3 ?
>
> Which version of c++ are you using?
>
> I don't have it installed and wonder what to get hold of. I'm using
> gcc v2.96.

can't remember off the top of my head.. but i use apt for rpm, which makes
installation of such things easier (apt-get install gcc (or any package))

try installing the apt-get and use it to manage your package

apt.freshrpms.net

get the one for your version of linux

> > > I get a number of errors when running configure and can't find a
> > > precompiled RPM for RH 7.3.
> > >
> > unforutnately, i compiled from source, no rpms
>

> I guess I'll have to get it built. Did it compile fairly easily?

pretty much.  ./configure;make;make install

done