[Zope] Python 2.3.3 on RedHat 7.3

John Poltorak jp at warpix.org
Sat Feb 28 16:05:53 EST 2004

On Sat, Feb 28, 2004 at 09:58:01AM +0800, Bakhtiar A Hamid wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Feb 2004, John Poltorak wrote:

> try installing the apt-get and use it to manage your package
>
> apt.freshrpms.net
>
> get the one for your version of linux

I'm not sure that I did everything correctly and apt still remains a
mystery, but I think I have managed to install c++ now, although I may
well have broken something else in the process.

> > > unforutnately, i compiled from source, no rpms
> >

> > I guess I'll have to get it built. Did it compile fairly easily?
> >

> pretty much.  ./configure;make;make install

./configure and make ran fine, but I haven't yet run make install, since
I'm not sure where to install it and want to be able to recover to the
previous version in case something goes wrong.

Where should it be installed and how?

I've built the package under my home directory.

--
John