[Zope] Serving Zope and non-Zope Content

Bill Etheredge betheredge at mesa-grp.com
Mon Jan 5 15:54:23 EST 2004

I have researched the Web pretty extensively on this question and think
I know how to proceed.  Thought I would check with the mailing list to
see if anyone has any other suggestions.

I have a replacement site developed in Zope (www.foo.com).  A portion of
the site being replaced will need to continue to be used
(www.foo.com/bar) - on a different, non-local server running behind
Apache.  The HTML pages and content of this site contain numerous
literal URL references to internal pages / content (e.g.
www.foo.com/bar/candy).

Based on what I have found thus far, it sounds like the best approach
would be to use Apache ProxyPass to send every URL beginning with /bar
to the remote server and everything else to Zope.

Should this work?  What potential problems should I be looking out for?
Are there other approaches that may work more effectively?

BTW - this is a temporary situation as the '/bar' site will be replaced
with a new Plone/Zope site in the near future.

Thanks,
Bill Etheredge