[Zope] Serving Zope and non-Zope Content

Jamie Heilman jamie at audible.transient.net
Mon Jan 5 15:57:54 EST 2004

Bill Etheredge wrote:
> Should this work?  What potential problems should I be looking out for?
> Are there other approaches that may work more effectively?

rewrite rules are better than proxypass for their flexibilty

# assumes a VHM and:
#  LoadModule rewrite_module ...
#  LoadModule proxy_module ...
#  ProxyVia on
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} /foo
RewriteRule .* - [L]
RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://127.0.0.1:<zp>/VirtualHostBase/http/<host>:80/VirtualHostRoot/$1 [P,L]
# where <zp> is the port zserver is listenting on and <host> is the
# canonical hostname for the site

--
Jamie Heilman                     http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/
"...thats the metaphorical equivalent of flopping your wedding tackle