[Zope] Squid redirector script

Fred Yankowski fred at ontosys.com
Tue Jan 6 12:21:39 EST 2004

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 05:36:48PM +0100, Tim Terleg?rd wrote:
> What are the advantages of Squid over Apache? Apache can also rewrite
> URLs, but is Squid better/faster?

I chose it over Apache for its industrial-strength caching features,
to accelerate access to the HTTP services hosted on the server.  Also,
Zope news announcements at the time (several years ago) made me think
that Squid front-ends to Zope would be getting a lot of attention and
improvement from Zope Corporation.  I wonder what became of the "ESI"
initiative?  (http://www.zope.com/News/PressReleases/OpenSourceESI)

--
Fred Yankowski      fred at ontosys.com           tel: +1.630.879.1312
OntoSys, Inc	    PGP keyID: 7B449345        fax: +1.630.879.1370