[Zope] Mappings to folders inside localfs objects aren't accepted

Josef Meile jmeile at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 8 12:26:24 EST 2004

> I wouldn't classify it as a bug, more like an attempt to make sure
> people don't shoot themselves in the foot too badly.
Ok, just one security restriction more. But I think a LocalFS and
its subfolders (LocalDirectories) should be also considered as
ObjectManagers.

> You should be able to go into the LocalFS sources and ensure that those
> "folder wrapper" objects do set an attribute "isAnObjectManager".
I have already done it, but you have also to mention that you have to create
the LocalFS objects again, so that they store the new attribute.

For the interested, this is what I did:

1) In LocalFS.py: Add "self.isAnObjectManager=1" to the __init__ methods
of the classes LocalDirectory and LocalFS.

2) Delete your LocalFS object and create it again. I guess you can
also solve this by adding a __setstate__ method to both classes,
then add the new attribute there; or you can also create a script that
search for all the LocalFS objects and add this attribute but I preffer
the first solution, for I don't have many LocalFS objects.

Thanks,
Josef