[Zope] MGMT Interface

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Jan 8 14:19:33 EST 2004

SDA wrote at 2004-1-8 07:27 -0500:
>I recently installed Zope on Debian (Sarge), and from the get go there
>were some issues. Namely the 'default' setup was missing, so I couldn't
>get it started. A little reading of the docs helped get that sorted.
>
>Now, I can't get into my Management interface. I have set the password,
>both my using the 'zopectl -a access' switch, and by issuing 'python
>zpasswd.py access'. However no dice, still can't login with the pwd/log
>setup with either/or methods above.
>
>Any suggestions? Thank-you.

Usually, you place the "access" (or related) file at a place
where Zope does not look at (because most prepacked Zope version
look at different places).

Probably the easiest way is to install Zope from sources
and generate it yourself (provided you have a C development system
and the python-dev package installed).
Then, you know precisely what is expected where.

An alternative would be to look for documentation of the
peculiarities of your Zope package.

--
Dieter