[Zope] uploading xml files

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sat Jan 17 18:17:57 EST 2004

garry saddington wrote at 2004-1-17 10:38 +0000:
>I have a form which uploads an xml file into zope. Is it possible to display
>the contents of this file in a dtml method which is the target of the upload
>form action.

You get the uploaded file as a "ZPublisher.HTTPRequest.FileUpload"
instance (see the source in "ZPublisher/HTTPRequest.py" for
documentation). Such objects have a "read" method
(which returns the file content as a string). With this
method, you can display the file in a DTML method.

However, I doubt that you want only to display the content.
I expect (as Andreas already suggested) that you want to
store the file in Zope and (then maybe) present the content.
Follow Andreas' advice in this case...

--
Dieter