[Zope] Corrupt Data.fs

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Tue Jan 27 14:45:24 EST 2004

Tim Terlegård wrote at 2004-1-27 15:43 +0100:
>> If I remember correctly from my experiences, several Zodb tools are broken
>> is several zope version, it's a little bit like a maze game: you have to
>> look arround :-)
>
>It worked after setting PYTHONPATH correclty. Now I've managed to
>run fsrecover.py. My original and faulty Data.fs was 170 MB. After
>fsrecover the new database file is 4 bytes. That's not what I was
>hoping for :)

You happened to get a broken "fsrecover".

>I got _lots_ of __main__.ErrorFound: invalid status, , at XXXXX
>messages during fsrecover. Seems like everything is corrupt.
>But surprisingly there are only a very few objects/templates
>that raise exceptions and most of the site works fine. How
>come?

Old Zope database files contain ancient transaction records
that cause "fsrecover" (I speak of a correct not a broken version!)
to issue lots of warnings. Ignore them...

>One of the errors I get on the site now is:
>AttributeError: isPortalContent
>Ideas?

Look at the traceback!

"AttributeError" usually do not indicate a corrupted database
(although they may in rare cases).

--
Dieter