[Zope] Using Mozilla with Zope

Tim Edwards Tim.Edwards at hwe.com.au
Tue Jan 27 19:06:23 EST 2004

Hi,

I am trying to switch to Mozilla due to IE6 being extremely buggy,
especially when working through proxy servers. We are currently developing a
Zope/Plone application which uses standard Zope authentication using an
acl_users folder. To test this application I need to open a browser window
onto it, loged-in as a user, however at the same time I also need to have
another browser window open onto the ZMI logged in as a manager user so that
I can edit the Scripts/ZPTs.

Doing this in IE6 is simply a matter of starting up 2 intances of it (ie.
Not clicking File->New->Window to open the 2nd window). This seems to keep
the authentication info. seperate.

I realise that this is a bit off-topic as it is more of a general
web-browser question but I was hoping that some Zope users have had some
experience using Mozilla during application development.

Thanks

Tim Edwards

Trainee Analyst Programmer
Henry Walker Eltin