[Zope] Using Mozilla with Zope

Mark Barratt markb at textmatters.com
Tue Jan 27 19:28:10 EST 2004

Tim Edwards wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to switch to Mozilla due to IE6 being extremely buggy,
> especially when working through proxy servers. We are currently developing a
> Zope/Plone application which uses standard Zope authentication using an
> acl_users folder. To test this application I need to open a browser window
> onto it, loged-in as a user, however at the same time I also need to have
> another browser window open onto the ZMI logged in as a manager user so that
> I can edit the Scripts/ZPTs.
>
> Doing this in IE6 is simply a matter of starting up 2 intances of it (ie.
> Not clicking File->New->Window to open the 2nd window). This seems to keep
> the authentication info. seperate.

AFAIK Mozilla authenticates browser-wide. Personally, I use Mozilla for
authenticated 'work' in Zope and IE for unauthenticated 'viewing' as
it's what most people use and anything we make will have to view/behave
well in IE. Two browsers rather than two instances of a single browser.
Works for me.

best

--
Mark Barratt
Text Matters

Information design: we help explain things using
language | design | systems | process improvement
phone +44 (0)118 986 8313  email markb at textmatters.com
web http://www.textmatters.com