[Zope] Using Mozilla with Zope

Terry Hancock hancock at anansispaceworks.com
Tue Jan 27 20:49:41 EST 2004

Sorry to reply to myself, but I had to check it ...

On Tuesday 27 January 2004 07:32 pm, Terry Hancock wrote:
> Then again, Mozilla has an "Identities" feature (sort of like usernames within
> the program).  Can you not just launch Mozilla with Identity "A" and then
> another with Identity "B"?  That seems like that ought to work.

They're called "Profiles" and yes, it does work.

I set up an identity called "test", then started one Mozilla for me:

% mozilla -P terry

(then logged in with privileges to my local Zope server)

And then started another

% mozilla -P test

This gives the usual "not logged in" challenge.  I tried a typical modify-
and-view cycle, just to check that everything works as expected and
they don't interfere with each other or anything.  Works perfectly.

I assume this feature is available on Windows, though you might have
to invoke it differently.  Do whatever the equivalent of "man mozilla"
is and find out, I suppose.

Cheers,
Terry